Monday, November 1, 2010

Presentation for Henniker Rotary Club

The other day, I was lucky enough to have presented this project to the Henniker Rotary Club in Henniker, NH. While I was excited to present, I found myself to be incredibly underprepared to talk to this population.

Perhaps it was that my mother has been a long term member of this Rotary Club, but for some reason, I was terrified with every word that came out of my mouth that I would offend someone, which would ultimately lead to impacting the relationship that my mother had been cultivating for years. I had never felt this way in front of a group before. It was like walking on eggshells.

For the first time since starting this project, I was legitimately worried about the implications of sharing this project with people, and for that reason I toned down my presentation a bit more than I normally would have. I was afraid of how people in this community would take to my bringing this project to them, and discussing some of the things I would normally pull into a discussion.

I dont have much more to say on this topic, other than the fact that the presentation was a bomb. Not all presentations can go well though. Next time I will have to think about the potential audience a bit more before hand. I didnt even think this would have happened before hand. I am such an opinionated and vocal person, I never thought an audience like this would stump me.

Now I know. And knowing is half the battle...

No comments:

Post a Comment