Saturday, October 9, 2010

Detained for Speaking Arabic

One of the really great things about this project was that I was able to foster relationships that I had never thought of before. Further, I was exposed to cultural differences first hand because suddenly an invite to a religious event wasn't that far-fetched. Who would have thought that you would be more likely to snag invitation when you are part of the in-group than just an outsider looking in? kind of common sense, right? well, I was invited to a mosque. and went to the Friday Jamaat prayers there. Afterwards I was introduced to some young men who had a story to share with me. apparently they were detained. I made a video:





then that video sparked a heated discussion, so I made another video. to see the heated discussions you would have to go through my actual youtube account, but that might be worth the visit. this is the follow up video that I made:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment