Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Flying in hijab- Take 1: an epic fail

So knowing that I passed on a great opportunity to fly in hijab the week before, I took the opportunity to fly in hijab on my return flight from New Hampshire to Florida. And as this title of this post indicates, it was an epic failure. I was flying with my dog in a soft sided bag under the seat in front of me, my dog ate a hole through the bag on the plane and got loose in the cabin. The flight attendants recognized that there was a problem and asked me to move to the back of the plane where I could sit with him on my lap unbothered eventhough my dog is not a working guide dog. Having to move the way that I did somewhat limited my observations, having to take care of a dog in hyper panic mode took my attention away from where it should have been. watch the video for full explanation.

 

That being said, I had a couple of upcoming opportunities to fly in hijab without my dog distracting me, so this was an experience that I was able to take a second and third pass at. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment