Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Presenting to 7th and 8th Graders

At some point during this project, I linked up with my English/Social Studies teacher from gradeschool and she arranged for me to visit the 7th and 8th grade students to talk about this project with them. I was nervous, but it turns out that I was a natural! I brought bags of buttons with me and explained how prejudice isnt always a bad thing, and how it is what you do with that prejudice that can be the cause of evil. In this video I am about to leave the house to go to the school. I am jittery and nervous. I talk about the fears that I have.

 

and later that afternoon, though exhausted from a day of being on my feet doing dynamic presentations all day, I took a few moments to recap the days events. This was my post-teaching blog entry.

I was so proud of myself for having taken this project to a new level. I was shocked that I held the attention of these students the way that I did. Rumor had it, the students loved me and as news of my visit traveled around the school, the kids became more and more excited about having my presentations! Maybe I can be a teacher afterall?

No comments:

Post a Comment